OPEN DATA STATEMENTS for DATA.TT and MAPS.TT
All datasets accessed through data.tt are confined to public information and must not contain National Security information or other information/data that is protected by other statute, practice, or legal precedent. The supplying Ministry/Institute (henceforth called agency) is required to maintain currency with public disclosure requirements. All stated policies applied to data.tt also apply to maps.tt.
All information accessed through data.tt is in compliance with the required confidentiality, integrity, and availability controls mandated by National Laws. Submitting Agencies are required to follow National guidelines.
All information accessed through data.tt must be in compliance with current privacy requirements as specified by National Laws.
Data Quality and Retention
For all information accessed through data.tt, each agency has confirmed that the data being provided through this site meets the agency's Information Quality Guidelines. As the authoritative source of the information, submitting Agencies retain version control of datasets accessed through data.tt in compliance with their record retention requirements.
Data accessed through data.tt do not, and should not, include controls over its end use. However, as the data owner or authoritative source for the data, the submitting Agency must retain version control of datasets accessed. Once the data have been downloaded from data.tt, we cannot vouch for the quality and timeliness. Furthermore, we cannot vouch for any analyses conducted with data retrieved from data.tt.
The preferred citation for each dataset is included in its metadata. Users should also cite the date that data were accessed or retrieved from data.tt. Finally, users must clearly state "data.tt cannot vouch for the data or analyses derived from these data after the data have been retrieved from data.tt."
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the data.tt website includes hypertext links, or pointers, to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. Data.tt only provides these links and pointers for your information and convenience. When you select a link to an outside website, you are leaving the data.tt site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- We do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- We do not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- We cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- We are not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
In support of transparency, recommendations from individuals, groups and organizations regarding the presentation of data, data types, and metadata will contribute to the evolution of data.tt.
Applicability of this Data Policy
Nothing in this Data Policy alters, or impedes the ability to carry out, the authorities of the GORTT to perform their responsibilities under law and consistent with applicable legal authorities, appropriations, and presidential guidance, nor does this Data Policy limit the protection afforded any information by other provisions of law.
Server policies for uploading and viewing data on data.tt
- A sysadmin can create other sysadmins.
- A sysadmin (and only a sysadmin) can create Organizations (e.g., NAMDEVCO).
- Any person can register on the site but they can only be added to an organization by a sysadmin or one of the organization’s admin members.
- A user can be added to an organization as:
- Admin: Can add/edit and delete datasets as well as manage organization members.
- Editor: Can add and edit datasets, but not manage organization members.
- Member: Can view the organization’s private datasets, but not add new datasets.
- Users who are not associated with an organization cannot upload data but can view public data.
- Organization Admin and Editor members can upload datasets and set the viewing permission to public (anyone can view it) or private (only members of the organization can view it).